Newmont Publishes 2013 Sustainability Report
“Our commitment to transparency in reporting our environmental and
social performance is central to our values and our drive to make
Newmont a successful and sustainable business,” said Dr.
Performance highlights for 2013 include:
- Achieving the best safety performance in Newmont history;
Reaching fair and balanced workplace agreements at our operations in
Indonesia, Peruand the United States;
- Setting a goal to become an industry leader in global inclusion and diversity and establishing targets to increase female and national representation in our leadership ranks;
- Developing a global water strategy to guide a more proactive and inclusive approach to managing this shared resource;
Commissioning environmental and social impact assessments to support
responsible growth in
Nevadaand Suriname; and
- Taking steps to improve future reporting through setting clear metrics and indicators based on business needs and stakeholder expectations.
New features in this year’s report include:
- A sharper focus on the sustainability issues that matter most to stakeholders based on the results of a materiality assessment conducted by external experts;
- A survey tool to solicit feedback from stakeholders; and
- Case studies that illustrate Newmont’s commitment to conduct business in a responsible manner.
The full report, as well as a downloadable PDF, is available at www.beyondthemine.com. Newmont values feedback on the report or any other aspect of Newmont’s sustainability performance and invites readers to complete an online survey.
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont is a leading
producer of gold and copper. Headquartered in